Steel Roof Z-Purlin / C-Purlins (Galvanised Roof Trusses)
What is the purlin?
Purlins there are horizontal parts of roof. Roof beams that provides intermediate support for the common rafters of a roof construction or wall cladding support.
WDL steel purlins are used to support roof or wall sheeting primarily in steel sheds, farm sheds and large industrial and commercial steel buildings.
Steel purlins for sale
We can manufacture and supply for You a wide range of roofing purlins:
C sections have flanges which are equal in size and are commonly used for simple supported spans. C sections are not able to be lapped together, for continuous spans they are end butted.
Z-purlins ( zed purlins)
Z sections are made with one flange broader than the other. When one purlin is rotated 1800 two sections can be bolted together enabling them to be lapped. Lapping the purlins over interior supports improves the load capacity and rigidity of the purlins. Z sections purlins can also be used, like C sections, in the application of simple spans to suit any structural steel application for roofs and walls.
You can find here galvanized high quality steel cold rolled profiled Z section roof and C section wall steel purlins.
Steel Purlins – how much it cost?
The price of steel purlins depends on a few factors like:
WDL Competitive Prices
Our experienced staff are able to advise you on pricing and delivery requirements. Our pricing is competitive.
Call us and ask for a steel purlins price today!
Purlins Description / Features / Benefits
Cold formed, galvanised purlins made from WDL Donegal Steel supplier have minimum yield strengths around 60 % greater than hot rolled steel purlings. This means lighter steel sections can be used and fixing times can be reduced using self drilling, self tapping roof screws.
- Purlins MANUFACTURED and warranted by WDL
- Access to technical structural steel construction experts and project specific advice
- High tensile and bending resistance steel core, which produces a strength to weight ratio 60% greater than traditional hot rolled steel purlins.
- A minimum zinc coating of 270/m2 providing excellent corrosion resistance, durability and long life.
- Purlins available drilled or undrilled.(Can be provided punched and unpunched )
- Purlins manufactured and cut to customers requirements, up to a maximum of 14 metres.
WDL is one of the leading steel purlins suppliers in Ireland
- Purlins customization for your needs provided by steel roof experts:
- Available drilled or undrilled.
- Matching bolt-on and weld-on cleats, sleeves, tie-bars and brackets available
- C-purlins and Z-purlins are normally supplied un-punched. If punching is required punching details should be specified at the time of purlins ordering
Purlins Depth sizes available :
Depth sizes available: 140mm, 170mm, 200mm, 230mm
Manufactured and cut to customers requirements, up to a maximum of 14 metres.
Common Uses of steel purlins:
- Structural roof and walls framing components for:
- Industrial buildings.
- Agricultural ( farm sheds )
- Domestic ( garages )
- All types of steel sheds
We can deliver purlins in the bundles directly to your site or you can come to our factory check contact details
WDL Steel offers a high quality of steel purlins made of zinc coating steel ( galvanized) of 270/m2 providing excellent corrosion resistance, durability and long life. WDL purlins are crisp, clean and square.